Frequently Asked Questions
Here are a few questions and answers I get asked frequently. If you can't find the information you're looking for here, feel free to contact me with your question.
What forms of payment do you accept?
I accept Paypal, Creditcards (Amex, Mastercard and Visa) as well as Apple Pay and Google Pay
Can I check-out in my own currency?
- I currently offer check-out in 4 currencies: Canadian Dollars (CAD), United States Dollar (USD), Australian Dollar (AUD) and British Pounds (GBP). The default currency is set to Canadian Dollar (where my store is located) but to change the currency, go to the drop-down menu beside the "Cart" and "Account" button's and select the currency you wish to check-out in. After selected, the page will reload and show the prices in your selected currency. The currency selector on a mobile device is located in the bottom right-hand corner.
I switched my currency but after I checked out it was back in CAD?
- If you are checking out using PayPal, your order will revert back into Canadian Dollars in order to process the order. Due to my shop being located in Canada, PayPal must do this in order for the order to go through. You will see the proper exchange rate on your PayPal invoice though, so don't worry!
I forgot to switch currencies and checked out in the default CAD currency. What happens now?
- No worries! It's okay to check out in the default currency and it doesn't matter at all. You'll be able to see the proper conversion/exchange rate on your PayPal invoice or your credit card statement.
Where do you ship?
- I ship to the following countries: Canada, United States, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Netherlands, New Zealand, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom.
- UPDATE (JAN 2021) - Unfortunately, we have temporarily disabled international sales due to severe shipping delays which resulted in continued customer complaints. We are hopeful we will be able to resume shipping Internationally in the near future. Currently we are only shipping to the US and Canada.
Why don't you ship to my country?
- I'm always working on expanding where I ship but it's important to me to be able to provide reliable and reasonable shipping. I've encountered a lot of problems shipping to some locations (extremely high shipping costs, no tracking available, lost packages and/or unreliable delivery) so I've had to re-evaluate where I ship. I'm always looking for better methods so hopefully I'll be able to add more countries to the list of places I ship soon!
- On a similar note, Covid-19 has greatly affected shipping and many carriers are now more limited. This has caused many shipping delays and it also may have resulted in Little Inklings being able to ship to fewer countries.
I'm ordering from the US. Will I have to pay Customs?
- No. US orders will not be charged any customs/duty.
I'm located outside of the US/Canada. Will I have to pay Customs?
- It's possible. In my experience, it depends on where you are located. Customs/duty/VAT are not included in the shipping cost and are the responsibility of the customer, if owed. I am required to report the proper cost of your purchase on the shipping label. Customs/duty/VAT are taxes imposed by your country and vary vastly by region. Unfortunately, I have no control over if your package is inspected and charged these taxes. Customs/duty/VAT are paid to your government/customs offices. The money does not come to me or the shipping company. It's a separate fee for importing goods.
A Note Regarding Customs: International orders do not include any import duties, customs fees, or taxes. International buyers may be subject to import fees, duties, and taxes (if applicable in your country) and Little Inklings Design cannot be held responsible for any fees/charges incurred with your country.
Little Inklings Design cannot be held responsible for any International shipment delays or items held at customs. You can contact your local customs office for more information. If any package is refused or unclaimed, all packages will be returned to Little Inklings. Re-shipping will be at the customers expense.
How long until my order arrives?
- It depends on where you are located.
- Canadian Orders: Approx. 3-10 Business Days
- US Orders: Approx: 4-9 Business Days
- International Orders: Approx. 10-28 Business Days
- These timeframes can be delayed slightly around the holidays or if your package is stopped at customs. The delays caused by Covid-19 have dramatically impacted the timeline of shipping and deliveries. There are no longer any timeline guarantees and you may encounter severe delays.
I got my shipping notification but the tracking hasn't updated. Why?
- Due to the shipping method I use, the tracking can take 2-3 business days to update. This doesn't mean your package hasn't shipped. The tracking information isn't activated until the package is scanned into the US postal system and it can take a couple of days for the package to arrive from Ontario to the US. If there are still no updates on your tracking after 3 business days, feel free to contact me and I will look into it.
What's the difference between A Novel Companion and Always Fully Booked?
- The main difference is the size and dates. Always Fully Booked is a dated planner from January-December. It includes weekly spreads and is an agenda and reading tracker all in one. A Novel Companion is undated and doesn't have weekly spreads. It's a smaller, more condensed version of the planner. I have a video on my YouTube channel answering this question as well!
Why are mugs shipped separately?
- As it states in the product description on all the mugs, they are printed and shipped separately from a warehouse in the US. They are responsible for everything - the printing, the packaging, shipping costs and delivery.